All browsers cache visited websites and other information such as search terms, scripts or images on your computer. This feature significantly improves the surfing experience, as the browser no longer has to download all the data from the Internet. The browser checks whether new content has been available since the last visit to a website and then downloads only the changed data.
However, sometime this routine doesn't work as intended and the browser misses some changes. This can lead to errors that can be solved by clearing the cache.
Which browser do you use?
- Open the browser settings by typing this text in a new tab: chrome://settings
- Click into the search field, enter the word "Cache" and click "Clear browsing data".
- Select "All time" as the time range and activate only the checkbox "Cached images and filed":
- Confirm the operation by pressing the button "Clear data".
- Next, sign in to the SocialHub and press the F12 key for the browser's developer tools.
- Switch to the tab "Application", expand the folder "Cookies" and right-click the item "https://app.socialhub.io":
- Click the option "Clear" and reload the SocialHub. You will have to sign in once again.
- Open the browser settings by typing this text in a new tab: about:preferences
- Click into the search field, enter the word "Cache" and click "Clear data".
- Select only the option "Cached Web Content".
- Confirm the operation by pressing the button "Clear".
- Open the browser settings by clicking the menu icon in the top right corner and selecting the option "Settings":
- Switch to the "Privacy & securty" tab and click the button "Choose what to clear" in the "Clear browsing data" section:
- Select only the options like seen in this screenshot:
- Confirm the operation by pressing the button "Delete".
Do you have feedback / suggestions or do you experience difficulties using the information provided here?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to help you as soon as possible.