To add an Instagram account to SocialHub you need to have various options set.
At first, the Facebook Account has to be a business account. To adjust your Instagram accordingly proceed as follows:
- Go to your profile and tap in the top right-hand corner.
- Tap Settings.
- For some accounts, the Switch to professional account option will be listed directly under Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to professional account.
- Select "business" and follow the steps
(Make sure you don't select "Creator". Currently, Instagram does not support Creator accounts through the API. If the account is already set to professional, you can also go back to the personal profile first and go through the steps again to make sure the right account type is selected.)
Every Instagram account also has to be linked to a Facebook page. Since Meta owns Facebook and Instagram, the same API and Facebook authentication is used to connect Instagram channels to 3. Party tools.
To link your Instagram account to a Facebook page, proceed as follows (only one Instagram Account can be connected to a Facebook Page):
- navigate to the settings of your Facebook page
- click on "linked accounts" (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=linked_instagram)
- click on "Connect account" -> "Connect"
- set the checkbox "Allow access to Instagram messages in Inbox" and "Confirm"
- Log in with the related Instagram account
After your Instagram account is connected to your Facebook page, navigate to https://business.facebook.com/. Here you should be able to see the profile pictures of both the linked accounts. It might be that you also have to confirm or validate the connection. So check if you can see any warnings or hints on this page.
If the Instagram account is linked you should be able to see it in your Meta business account. It is also possible that another verification Warning is shown here. (https://business.facebook.com/settings/instagram-account-v2s)
On the right side, under "People", you should be able to see your name listed. If your name is not listed yet, you can click on "Add people" and add your account. Afterwards, click on your name to open the list of permissions. To manage the Instagram account in SocialHub all the permissions have to be checked.
In addition to the permissions for the Instagram account, the permissions for the linked Facebook page must also be set correctly. You can find all the information about this in the following article: Set permissions for own Facebook pages